If you’re the kind of person who loves to travel and discover new places and cultures, then you and I are about to become great friends.
Wanderlust was nurtured in me from a young age. My parents worked long hours so that we could have one holiday a year. Flights and hotels were luxuries we couldn’t afford, so every year we would hitch the trailer tent to the back of the car, and Dad drove us around Europe for three weeks.
What this taught me:
- How to travel extremely light.
- How to plan your own itinerary without a travel agent.
- How to navigate a country whose native language is not your own.
- How to appreciate the travel, as well as the destination.
Stick around, and I’ll show you:
- The places I have been, and how to find them yourself.
- How to become a self-sufficient traveller.
- How to plan journeys which will stay with you for years to come.
A little about me:
I live in the UK with my fiancée and our two cats. My favourite colour is purple, and I’m a bit of a geek. I’m not as good at photography as I would like to be: All photography on this site is my own, unless otherwise credited.
Pull up a chair, follow this blog, and let’s go adventuring together!